Monumental and rare earthenware floor lamp by Svend Hammershøi
This monumental and rare earthenware floor lamp by Svend Hammershøi (1873-1948) is modelled with a long neck and two small handles.
It is decorated with yellow and black uranium glaze and has brass fitting.
The lamp is signed HAK. Denmark on the bottom.
Executed by Herman A. Kähler, Denmark, ca. in the 1930s.
Provenance: It has been part of a large and important Danish private collection of Kähler pottery acquired over the past 40 years.
The height is adjustable.
Max H. 190 cm. (74,8")
Min H. 120 cm (47,3")
H. with shade +5 cm. (2")
Diameter 31 cm. (12,2")
Large white table lamp with horizontal blue stripes by Kähler
This large table lamp has horizontal blue stripes on a creamy background.
The lamp was executed by Herman A. Kähler, Denmark, ca. in the 1940s.
It has the ‘HAK’ monogram incised.
H. including top 50 cm. (19,7")
Ceramic wall lights with brass detailing by Noomi Backhausen and Poul Brandborg
These large and larger glazed ceramic wall lights were designed by Noomi Backhousen and Poul Brandborg for Søholm Stoneware, Bornholm, Denmark in the 1960’s.
The larger ceramic wall light consists of five glazed ceramic discs on a metal frame. Whilst the large wall light consists of three glazed ceramic discs.
The glazing creates a flower-like illusion on each disc with a brass detail at the center.
Poul Brandborg became a head of production Søholm Stoneware in 1962. Here he worked with Noomi Backhausen and together they produced some the very successful chamotte ranges, He later became head of production at one of Bornholm’s other fine potteries Michael Andersen Ceramics in Rønne.
Both wall lights can be mounted either horizontally or vertically.
Both wall lights are signed and stamped ‘Bornholmsk Søholm Denmark Stentøj’.
5-disc wall light:
L. 83 cm. (32,7”)
D. 7 cm. (2,8”)
H. 25 cm. (9,8")
3-disc wall light:
L. 54 cm. (21,3”)
D. 7 cm. (2,8”)
H. 25 cm. (9,8”)
Large table lamp with green and white ornaments by Ejner Johansen
This large earthenware table lamp by Ejner Johansen is decorated with green and white ornaments on a black and brown glazed background.
It was designed and executed when Ejner Johansen was working from his own studio in Copenhagen, Denmark between 1942 and 1957.
In 1958 Ejner Johansen began working for Søholm Stoneware in Bornholm and then later in the 1970s for Knabstrup.
This lamp is an example of pieces he created in his own name.
It is signed ‘EJO’ on the bottom.
H. 50 cm. (20")