Grey glazed vase with shades of blue by Preben Herluf Gottschalk-Olsen
This smaller stoneware vase was designed by Preben Herluf Gottschalk-Olsen (1915-1968) and executed by Stogo Stoneware in Mørkøv, Denmark ca. in the early 1960s.
Stogo Stoneware was previously known as Mørkøv Keramikfabrik which was founded in the 1940s by Peter Hansen, a ceramist which had trained at Knabstrup Keramikfabrik
The vase has a greyish glaze with shades of blue.
It has the model number 406 STOGO incised.
H. 11,5 cm. (4,6")
W. 8.5 cm. (3,3")
Very rare bonbonnières with gold leaf by Jens Thirslund
These two very rare earthenware bonbonnières designed by Jens Thirslund (1892-1942) were executed by Herman A. Kähler, Denmark, in the 1920s.
The fancy lidded boxes made for delicious confectionery are glazed with emerald green, red and white luster and 24-carat gold leaf.
In 1875, Herman August Kähler began experimenting with metallic glazes together with the pottery’s artistic director Karl Hansen Reistrup. Kähler and Reistrup achieved recognition at the Great Nordic Exhibition in 1888 held in Copenhagen and the Exposition Universelle of 1889 in Paris. These bonbonnières by ceramist Jens Thirslund are a further development of the pottery’s technique with metallic glazes.
They have the ‘HAK, Danmark’ monogram incised.
Exhibited: Similar models were presented at the Exposition Universelle, Paris, 1925.
Black and white double glazed vase by Svend Hammershøi
This earthenware vase designed by Svend Hammershøi (1873-1948) was executed by Herman A. Kähler, Denmark, ca. in the 1920s-1930s.
The vase is decorated with white and black double glaze. And it has the ‘HAK’ monogram incised.
H. 11,5 cm. (4,53")
W. 12 cm. (4,73")
Large dish decorated with serpentine flowers for Michael Andersen Stoneware
This large earthenware dish was executed at Michael Andersen Stoneware in Rønne, Denmark, ca. in the 1940s. It is decorated with serpentine flowers and glazed in white and light green.
The monogram depicting three fish in a triangular coat of arms - the city arms of Rønne in Bornholm, Denmark is incised on the back of the dish.