A set of four large golden brass pendants by Vilhelm Lauritzen
'The Gold Pendant' (Guldpendel) as it is called was designed for The People's House in Copenhagen in 1956 by Vilhelm Lauritzen (1894-1984).
Here is a set of four of these large golden brass pendants with perforated shades. The patented system inside the brass stem allows the length of the cord to be adjusted.
The pendants were executed by Louis Poulsen, Denmark.
H. 36,5 cm. (14,37 in.)
W. 18 cm. (7,09 in.)
Black and yellow uranium glazed spherical table lamp by Kähler
This spherical earthenware table lamp was executed by Herman A. Kähler, Denmark, ca. in the 1930s.
It is decorated with black and yellow uranium glaze.
The lamp has the ‘HAK’ monogram incised.
Provenance: It has been part of a large and important Danish private collection of Kähler pottery acquired over the past 40 years.
Ceramic wall lights with brass detailing by Noomi Backhausen and Poul Brandborg
These large and larger glazed ceramic wall lights were designed by Noomi Backhousen and Poul Brandborg for Søholm Stoneware, Bornholm, Denmark in the 1960’s.
The larger ceramic wall light consists of five glazed ceramic discs on a metal frame. Whilst the large wall light consists of three glazed ceramic discs.
The glazing creates a flower-like illusion on each disc with a brass detail at the center.
Poul Brandborg became a head of production Søholm Stoneware in 1962. Here he worked with Noomi Backhausen and together they produced some the very successful chamotte ranges, He later became head of production at one of Bornholm’s other fine potteries Michael Andersen Ceramics in Rønne.
Both wall lights can be mounted either horizontally or vertically.
Both wall lights are signed and stamped ‘Bornholmsk Søholm Denmark Stentøj’.
5-disc wall light:
L. 83 cm. (32,7”)
D. 7 cm. (2,8”)
H. 25 cm. (9,8")
3-disc wall light:
L. 54 cm. (21,3”)
D. 7 cm. (2,8”)
H. 25 cm. (9,8”)