Rare earthenware vase with gold leaf by Jens Thirslund
This rare earthenware vase by Jens Thirslund (1892-1942) manufactured by Herman A. Kähler, Denmark, ca. in the 1920s. It is glazed with sapphire blue, emerald green, white luster and 24-carat gold leaf.
The vase has the ‘HAK, Danmark’ monogram incised.
In 1875, Herman August Kähler began experimenting with metallic glazes together with the pottery’s artistic director Karl Hansen Reistrup. Kähler and Reistrup achieved recognition at the Great Nordic Exhibition in 1888 held in Copenhagen and the Exposition Universelle of 1889 in Paris. This vase by ceramist Jens Thirslund is a further development of the pottery’s technique with metallic glazes.
Similar models to this vase were presented at the Exposition Universelle, Paris, 1925.
H. 10,5 cm. (4,14")
Rare coffee table with 21 decorative tiles by Bjørn Wiinblad
This rare coffee table designed by Danish multi-artist Bjørn Wiinblad (1918-2006) has 21 decorative hand-painted tiles on top. The tabletop frame is of Brazilian rosewood. Legs are made in bronze.
The table was made in the early 1960s for luxury department store Illum Bolighus.
It has a plaque from Illum Bolighus under the tabletop.
H. 49,5 cm. (19,5”)
L. 94 cm. (37”)
W. 42 cm. (16,5”)
Very rare pair of velour upholstered chairs by Nanna Ditzel
This very rare pair of chairs designed by Nanna Ditzel has sculptural armrests like tiny wings. The chairs have stained oak legs. Sides, seats and backs are upholstered with a yellowish velour.
The chairs were designed in 1955 and executed by master cabinetmaker Knud Willadsen, owner of Søren Willadsens Møbelfabrik, Denmark.
The chair model was exhibited at the Fredericia Furniture fair in 1955 at Søren Willadsens Møbelfabrik's stand. Here it was presented as a desk chair together with Ditzel's more famous model 93 desk.
Very large dark grey stoneware vase with soft blue hints by Günther Praschak
This very large stoneware vase by Austrian potter Günther Praschak (1940-2015) has a dark brown, almost black glaze with blue hints, rounded corners and a lipped opening.
The 41 cm tall and 18 cm wide vase was executed in the late 1960s in limited edition by Knabstrup Keramik, Denmark.
It is signed with the artist's monogram and stamped by Knabstrup.
Günther Praschak was born in Vienna in 1940 and became a trained ceramist in the same city in 1963. The year after he travelled to Denmark and was hired at Knabstrup Keramik. Whilst there he worked closely with the artistic leader Johannes Hansen and the German ceramist Dietlinde Hein.
Praschak returned to Austria in 1970 and became a tutor at the art academy in Linz. From 1973 to 2004 he was a professor at Universität für Künstlerische und Industrielle Gestaltung in Linz.