Ceramic wall lights with brass detailing by Noomi Backhausen and Poul Brandborg
These large and larger glazed ceramic wall lights were designed by Noomi Backhousen and Poul Brandborg for Søholm Stoneware, Bornholm, Denmark in the 1960’s.
The larger ceramic wall light consists of five glazed ceramic discs on a metal frame. Whilst the large wall light consists of three glazed ceramic discs.
The glazing creates a flower-like illusion on each disc with a brass detail at the center.
Poul Brandborg became a head of production Søholm Stoneware in 1962. Here he worked with Noomi Backhausen and together they produced some the very successful chamotte ranges, He later became head of production at one of Bornholm’s other fine potteries Michael Andersen Ceramics in Rønne.
Both wall lights can be mounted either horizontally or vertically.
Both wall lights are signed and stamped ‘Bornholmsk Søholm Denmark Stentøj’.
5-disc wall light:
L. 83 cm. (32,7”)
D. 7 cm. (2,8”)
H. 25 cm. (9,8")
3-disc wall light:
L. 54 cm. (21,3”)
D. 7 cm. (2,8”)
H. 25 cm. (9,8”)
Rare table lamp with painted brass shade for Nordiska Kompaniet
This rare table lamp was made for Nordiska Kompaniet, Stockholm. ca. in the 1930s.
The shade of brass is painted in original green. The foot is of profiled oak and brass.
The lamp is marked NK 29595
H. approx. 50 cm. (19,7 in.)
W. approx. 36 cm. (14,2 in)
Large table lamp with green and white ornaments by Ejner Johansen
This large earthenware table lamp by Ejner Johansen is decorated with green and white ornaments on a black and brown glazed background.
It was designed and executed when Ejner Johansen was working from his own studio in Copenhagen, Denmark between 1942 and 1957.
In 1958 Ejner Johansen began working for Søholm Stoneware in Bornholm and then later in the 1970s for Knabstrup.
This lamp is an example of pieces he created in his own name.
It is signed ‘EJO’ on the bottom.
H. 50 cm. (20")
Teak chandelier with opaline glass globes by Uno & Östen Kristiansson
This three-armed teak chandelier has white vintage opaline glass globes.
It was executed by Luxus Vittsjö, Sweden in the 1950-1960s.
Luxus was founded in 1951 by brothers Uno (1925-2009) and Östen Kristiansson (1927-2003), after having learned the trade from their father, Evert Kristiansson. He ran Vittsjö Möbelfabrik AB and produced wooden furniture for Swedish luxury department store Nordiska Kompaniet as well as other renowned architects like Carl Malmsten.