A set of four large golden brass pendants by Vilhelm Lauritzen
'The Gold Pendant' (Guldpendel) as it is called was designed for The People's House in Copenhagen in 1956 by Vilhelm Lauritzen (1894-1984).
Here is a set of four of these large golden brass pendants with perforated shades. The patented system inside the brass stem allows the length of the cord to be adjusted.
The pendants were executed by Louis Poulsen, Denmark.
H. 36,5 cm. (14,37 in.)
W. 18 cm. (7,09 in.)
Large table lamp with green and white ornaments by Ejner Johansen
This large earthenware table lamp by Ejner Johansen is decorated with green and white ornaments on a black and brown glazed background.
It was designed and executed when Ejner Johansen was working from his own studio in Copenhagen, Denmark between 1942 and 1957.
In 1958 Ejner Johansen began working for Søholm Stoneware in Bornholm and then later in the 1970s for Knabstrup.
This lamp is an example of pieces he created in his own name.
It is signed ‘EJO’ on the bottom.
H. 50 cm. (20")
Pair of glazed ceramic wall lights by Noomi Backhausen and Poul Brandborg
This pair of glazed ceramic wall lights was designed by Noomi Backhausen and Poul Brandborg ca. in the 1960s and executed by Søholm Stoneware, Bornholm, Denmark.
The glazing creates a flower-like illusion on each disc with a brass detail at the center.
Poul Brandborg became a head of production Søholm Stoneware in 1962. Here he worked with Noomi Backhausen and together they produced some the very successful chamotte ranges, He later became head of production at one of Bornholm’s other fine potteries Michael Andersen Ceramics in Rønne.
Both wall lights are signed and stamped ‘Bornholmsk Søholm Denmark Stentøj’.
D. 25 cm. (9,8”)
H. 7 cm. (2,8”)
Three-legged teak table lamp with acrylics shade by Uno and Östen Kristiansson
This three-legged table lamp was designed by Uno Kristiansson (1925- ) and Östen Kristiansson (1927-2003) ca. in the 1960s.
It has legs of teak and an acrylics lampshade. It can be used as a floor lamp or a large table lamp.
The lamp was executed by 'Luxus' in Vittsjö, Sweden. Luxus was founded in 1951 by brothers Uno (1925-2009) and Östen Kristiansson (1927-2003), after having learned the trade from their father, Evert Kristiansson. He ran Vittsjö Möbelfabrik AB and produced wooden furniture for Swedish luxury department store Nordiska Kompaniet as well as other renowned architects like Carl Malmsten.
Manufacturer’s paper tag included.
H. 77,5 cm. (30,51")
W. 24,5 cm. (9,65")
D. 16,2 cm. (6,38")